HOW do I get a 19 SMS service?
19 SMS Services are typically advertised via the following mediums:
- Scratch Cards
- SMS - you respond to a product offer received on your mobile phone or seen on a TV advertisement by texting a keyword to a designated 6-8 digit number starting with '19'.
- Online - your mobile number is entered in an online advertisement
- IVR - you respond to a voice prompt in an automated recorded message received on your mobile
You should also check that your handset is compatible for receiving Premium SMS or MMS messages.
HOW do I SUBSCRIBE?
Before subscribing to a 19 SMS Service, it is crucial that you confirm the following details BEFORE you agree to opt-in.
- Check what it is that you are purchasing. Is it a subscription or a once off transaction? (Note: Most 19 SMS Services are subscription services)
- Check that the cost is clearly displayed in the advertisement
- Check the frequency of billing
- Check that a Customer Helpline is clearly indicated.
- Check that a means of unsubscribing (opting out) is clearly indicated